Sunday, September 23, 2012

Display Real Names of Business Objects

Hello Folks,

These days I was working on SOA. So, I encountered one important thing. While I was writing server code I required some property values of selected business object. I tried using PROP module APIs and everytime it gives an error. Here I used to pass the property name to get the value of that property and hence I noticed that those are not the real names that are displayed. So, I need to have real names which means names that are from the database.

                                                   *click on the image for better visibility

In the above image the properties displayed in the properties pane are not the real names that are from the database. I spent long time in searching how to display real names. So then I found the solution.

Go to Edit -> Options , It will open "Options Pane" as shown below.


In the "Options Pane", Select "Search" at the bottom of the pane and search for a keyword "*real_prop". This will provide two Preferences List. One is for User level and other is for Site level. So select your preferable choice preference and in the "Current Values", provide "1" instead of "0" to display real names as shown below.



Then check for properties of any business object, real names will be displayed.


No comments:

Post a Comment